The following is cross-posted from my “real life” blog:
So the obligatory year wrap-up blog is here! I don’t want to be overly sentimental, or sappy, or anything dramatic. 2010 was a hard year, I won’t lie, but it’s also been (in retrospect) a great one when it comes to growth.
So without further ado, here’s what 2010 was for me and mine:
- We learned that Brad’s old job in Abilene was going to cut his commission by about half, and make him jump through a bunch of hoops to earn even that.
- Brad sought out and found a job offer here in the Metroblob, that promised much riches and a great career path. We, suckered and naive, said “sure why not!?” We all know how that turned out.
- We up and moved! Moving in with my brother because surely our beautiful house would sell within a month! (snicker!)
- Brad started his new job, and I adjusted to working from home, living at home, and being all around bored during the days.
- I gave “professional blogging” a try…and quickly decided that I was much too lazy to do this. My friend Christi’s professional blog, however is awesome and you should all go there and follow her (hey, shameless plugs are still allowed!).
- I had a chemical pregnancy.
- I took a chance and emailed an old boss of a boss and wound up landing what I can only describe as a dream job.
- Brad’s job tanked…and we soon found ourselves living off of savings and limited choices.
- Brad sought other employment, only to be denied automatically even an interview due to his lack of having a college degree.
- We made the difficult decision of Brad going back to school to pursue happiness instead of riches.
- I almost gave up dream job to move back to Abilene with Brad…but after much discussion and soul searching, we decided to live apart as he finished his undergrad.
- My dear brother agreed to let me live here for another year rent free. I am so grateful for him.
- I moved by husband back into our old house…you know, the one that was supposed to sell in a month? 😛
- Brad’s grades soared, and he made a perfect 4.0 for the semester.
- My job went great, and I found my place there – and made some great friends along the way.
- We finally got out from under the house, and moved Brad into an apartment on campus for his last year of school
- All attempts at trying to have a baby were put on hold for at least six months…as Brad not living here (not to mention a tight budget) would kind of make that difficult. 😉
- I got to enjoy a few weeks with Brad before sending back off to school in a week.
That, ladies and gentlemen, pretty much sums up my 2010. It seems that so much happened, but at the same time this year simply flew by. I can’t wait to be through 2011, because after that my family should be united again. My “goals” for 2011 simply include kicking butt at work and focusing on creating a better me, while Brad does the same at ACU. I hope to look back at this time next year and have had a great time and felt much growth. I wish nothing but awesomeness and growth for each of you as well.
Until next year,